Preparation and lining of sulphuric acid tanks for Ovivo Aqua Africa
BKV Holdings was contracted to Ovivo Aqua Africa to prepare and coat two sulphuric acid tanks with a Phenoline 305 system from Stoncor.
The work was undertaken at BKV Holdings’ state-of-the-art premises in Springs, Gauteng, and both a third-party and Eskom inspector verified that the work had been undertaken to the desired specification.
Our state-of-the-art solution entailed:
- Sand blasting the surface to a SA 2.5;
- Undertaking a saltless wash for neutralisation;
- Using a Phenoline 921 primer @ 200µ; and
- Using a Phenoline 305 finish final coat @ 100µ.
We used the following equipment on this project:
- A 200 litre blasting pot;
- A 400 cfm compressor;
- A water bowser; and
- A GH 200 spray machine.