Preparation and lining of various components for Ovivo Aqua Africa
BKV Holdings was contracted to Ovivo Aqua Africa to prepare and coat various piping components with a Phenoline 305 system from Stoncor.
The work was undertaken at BKV Holdings’ state-of-the-art premises in Springs, Gauteng, and both a third-party and Eskom inspector verified that the work had been undertaken to the desired specification.
Our state-of-the-art solution entailed:
- Sand blasting the surface to a SA 2.5;
- Undertaking a saltless wash for neutralisation;
- Using phenoline 305 primer @ 100µ;
- Using phenoline 305 intermediate coat @ 100µ;
- Using phenoline 305 finish final coat @ 100µ.
We used the following equipment on this project:
- A 200 litre blasting pot
- A 400 cfm compressor
- A water bowser;
- A GH 200 spray machine.